Wirework is an incredibly popular and satisfying method of making jewellery. With a few basic techniques, and lots of tips, you will soon be able to make bead and wire jewellery in whatever style you prefer.
This class will cover all of the basic techniques you need as well as giving you the opportunity to try different tools. After finishing the day you will be able to follow any wirework pattern you find in a magazine or book as well as design your own pieces. On the day there will also be lots of finished pieces of jewellery to see and discuss for inspiration.
The day will cover:
- Turned and wrapped loops
- Joining sections
- Adding beads
- Using jump rings
- Making head and eye pins
- Forming heart and other wire shapes- Flat coils
- Hammering your work to add texture and change the hardness
- Using a wig-jig
- Wire tubes- both by hand and with a wire-winder
- Using chains
- Designing jewellery and much more!
You will leave the class having completed a bracelet and two pair of earrings as well as lots of samples of everything covered on the day.Please note:
- No experience is necessary to attend this class.
- I can supply all materials and tools for use in the class