posted: Wednesday, 09 November 2016
I'm struggling with my cold but my hands are back on track and so I'm beading away like mad.
It's great to be able to find the time to sit down and turn some of the samples & prototypes I've made over the years into finished projects.
It's invigorating me and I'm enthused and want to bead my days away, so I am.
One item I'm using are these 27mm acrylic cabochons which I'm using to replace the Swarovski #1201 in some project variations. I used these also in my Moroccan Tiles pendant projects and I really like them. Not only are they very affordable but they come in some great colours which adds to my stash.
But, as I was using them today, I thought that they looked a bit flat (in the project I was doing) could do with some added depth and colour and so got out some tinfoil, cut out circles of it and held it to the back of the cabochon as I bezelled and bam- instant drama!