Had a wonderful week at a jewellery making course at Central St Martins College in London. The theme was 'charm bracelets' and my finished piece is pictured.
We covered a range of different techniques, including soldering, Perspex carving, wax carving and lost wax casting, doming and stone setting. It was great to spend a whole week absorbed in making something with no interruptions.
The theme of my bracelet is '2006' and all the charms are related to events in my year.
The charms included are:
- A mouse made using wax carving and casting, then a tail soldered on.
- A red cross carved from perspex, along with a tag cut from silver and then stamped with '2006'.
- A book made using wax carving and casting, engraved with Hobo symbols.
- A textured and domed piece of silver I soldered a bezel to and set a Turquoise stone in.
- A textured pentagon shaped piece of silver I soldered a bezel to and set a green stone in.
- A triangular, patterned piece of silver that was made using wax carving and casting.
- A heart formed from wire and hammered.
It also includes two charms I didn't make: